Cannot Prevent Standby

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Testpattern, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Testpattern

Testpattern Testpattern

Dec 5, 2006
    OKC America

Advertisements

I've been using a Harmony Elite to manage my HT system for over a year. I have things set up to always leave the TiVo powered up. Its important this be done to accommodate my system setup.
    Recently I added a Roku to my system using the Harmony desktop app. Afterwards I noticed eveytime I swiched from "watching TV" the Harmony put my TiVo in standby. This as I learned was a recent change the Logitech folks placed in their base code. You apparently cannot prevent this action since they eliminated the ability to leave TiVo power on 24/7.

My question is this. I have my Bolt setup to "not enter standby" so why or how can the remote put it in standby?

2. KevTech

KevTech Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Seattle
    Have you checked all your activities and/or device settings?
    When you added the roku it may have set something to turn off the Tivo.
    I have the original harmony one and Tivo is set to not power off when changing activities.

Annotation 2020-08-15 173440.jpg

3. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Are you on TE4 and have CEC (Wake with TiVo) enabled?

It may be turning the TiVo off.

-KP

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    If you don't have CEC on in a TE4 setup I recommend that you spend a few days not using the harmony and just using the Tivo remote, and you'r enot using a "green" surge strip?
    It's either CEC being on, or the harmony "powering it off" Tivos in general do not have a standby problem like you're describing.