Cannot Prevent Standby

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Testpattern, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Testpattern

Testpattern Testpattern

Dec 5, 2006
    OKC America

Advertisements

I've been using a Harmony Elite to manage my HT system for over a year. I have things set up to always leave the TiVo powered up. Its important this be done to accommodate my system setup.
    Recently I added a Roku to my system using the Harmony desktop app. Afterwards I noticed eveytime I swiched from "watching TV" the Harmony put my TiVo in standby. This as I learned was a recent change the Logitech folks placed in their base code. You apparently cannot prevent this action since they eliminated the ability to leave TiVo power on 24/7.

My question is this. I have my Bolt setup to "not enter standby" so why or how can the remote put it in standby?

2. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Seattle
    Have you checked all your activities and/or device settings?
    When you added the roku it may have set something to turn off the Tivo.
    I have the original harmony one and Tivo is set to not power off when changing activities.

Annotation 2020-08-15 173440.jpg

3. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Are you on TE4 and have CEC (Wake with TiVo) enabled?

It may be turning the TiVo off.

-KP

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    If you don't have CEC on in a TE4 setup I recommend that you spend a few days not using the harmony and just using the Tivo remote, and you'r enot using a "green" surge strip?
    It's either CEC being on, or the harmony "powering it off" Tivos in general do not have a standby problem like you're describing.