Cannot Login on TiVo App for Amazon Fire

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rt1179, Jan 14, 2020.

1. rt1179

rt1179 New Member

Jul 25, 2019
    I have the TiVo app on my Amazon Fire tablet and when I went to use it last night, it asked me to login but keeps saying my password is wrong. I know it's correct because I can login on TiVo Online and in the TiVo app on my Android phone. So it seems to be a problem only in the Amazon Fire version of the app. Is anyone else having this issue? I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, but it still won't let me login.

2. WatchinInTheNW

WatchinInTheNW New Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Pacific...
    Same issue here - can login on TiVo Online and my iPhone 7; but Fire Tablet 10 & 8 have the same behavior - prompting for password then saying it's incorrect. Fire 10 had it's system updated on the 8th but was working yesterday morning, so don't think that is the issue.

3. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    I think tivo only allows one device at a time to connect these days. Make sure you explicitly log off every other device you tried, then try the tablet again.

4. rt1179

rt1179 New Member

Jul 25, 2019
    I had never logged on anywhere else besides my Fire tablet until last night when I suddenly had this issue. At that point I tried TiVo Online and downloaded the app to my phone, and both of those worked. Even after logging out of both of those, the Fire tablet still has the same issue.

5. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    You weren't receiving the Super Secret (shhh...don't tell anybody) password emailed to you every time you attempted to login?

-KP

6. rt1179

rt1179 New Member

Jul 25, 2019
    Tried a few times today with same incorrect password error, so finally decided to open a ticket with TiVo support. I haven't gotten a response yet, but when I just tried now to login on my Fire tablet, suddenly it works. So hopefully it is working for you now, too, @WatchinInTheNW .

7. Wiggin

Wiggin New Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Yep, I just posted on the thread I started yesterday about logins on the 3.7 version of the iOS app (the pre-crappy v4 version). It just started working again this afternoon. The old iOS version and the Fire version sound like perhaps they use similar login mechanisms. I had opened a ticket with TiVo and when I spoke with them they said they hadn't changed anything, but clearly something changed and then got corrected. Perhaps enough people finally called them that they decided they should look into it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  8. WatchinInTheNW

WatchinInTheNW New Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Pacific...
    Thank you, yes, I just checked and both of mine are able to login. I also planned on opening a ticket if it wasn't resolved today but hadn't gotten to it yet.