Cannot Find TiVo on Any Desktop Software? Wha' Happened?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Harumph1970, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Harumph1970

Harumph1970 New Member

Aug 31, 2018

Advertisements

Hello, every college football season my wife and I enjoy using (originally Desktop Plus) PyTiVo to transfer our recorded games to our PC from our Roamio Pro, which is connected to our TV. We use Zoom Player so we can easily skip through all the non-play video. This way we can watch three or four good games in one day. I don't use file transfer otherwise. I went to transfer a game from last night and now pyTivo says no DVR is found. I see that there hasn't been an update for py in a while so I tried Desktop Plus. I found out about this certificate issue so I updated those, but still nothing. If I select Bonjour for access control, I can see my DVR's name but no address, any cannot "find" a DVR for transfers. If I toggle to TiVo Beacon, I can see my DVR name and correct address, but when I try to connect for transfers I get an "Unable to get media classes" error.

Are others experiencing this? What has changed since last winter that could cause this? The only change on my end is that I added a Mini a month ago. Otherwise the PC hasn't changed. Are there any of you that still have everything working right, so I might hope to fix this, or is this everyone? The ability to do this is exactly why I purchased the TiVo in first place, so this would be a significant feature loss for me.

I thank you very much in advance for any help or info provided.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Have you tried this: Easier to use pyTivo

I use it and it works great. Very easy install also. I would uninstall TiVo's Desktop, etc. first.

3. Harumph1970

Harumph1970 New Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Thanks, that's the pyTiVo I was referring to.

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Have you tried rebooting the TiVo yet?

Scott

5. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA

Advertisements

Not necessary to uninstall TiVo Desktop.