Cannot download from my BOLT.. what am I missing?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by caseybea, Mar 18, 2019.

1. caseybea

caseybea Member

Oct 14, 2010

Advertisements

I have a BOLT that replaced my premiere some time ago.... works great love it etc, but now I am at the point where I need to download a recording to my PC.

Tivo Desktop (free).. sees all shows, begins transfer and then immediately gets "transfer interrupted"

KMTTG: See all shows, begins transfer and only get an 11K file and then stops.

WEB: Using direct web transfer (got URL from kmttg..), same thing, gets 11K of the file and stops.

I am at a total loss, what am I missing?

2. bruce316

bruce316 New Member

Nov 1, 2003
    It sounds like there are some errors in the program you are trying to transfer. I've had that happen where shows that seem to play okay on the Tivo will not transfer because of errors. It could be bad sectors on the hard drive or something else. Try with some other recordings and see if they will transfer.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  4. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    It could be a recording with a glitch, or you're dealing with a recording that has H.264 video compression and trying to download it in Program Stream format. In that case you would only get the audio portion. Try switching to Transport Stream format and see what happens.

5. caseybea

caseybea Member

Oct 14, 2010

Advertisements

well what the hell.

so apparently I can download other programs just fine. cannot download the 2 programs (local news broadcasts) I want in TS.... *did* manage to get ".tivo" files, so now I gotta go convert them.

frustrating.

6. caseybea

caseybea Member

Oct 14, 2010
    I doubt the recordings were corrupted. It's gotta be something about the broadcast.... (like someone said, H.264 or..?) local news channel, yes in HD. No issues downloading anything else.

I got the .tivo files, converted them and good to go.

(needed 'em to grab video clips since I was on the news LOL)

Thanks for the tips everyone. I had assumed kmttg and everything else was broken, tips above led me to try downloading something else.

go figure.

bruce316 likes this.