Cane - 9/25/2007 - Pilot

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Animgif, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Animgif

Animgif Stud, Esquire

Jan 4, 2002
    The City So...

Advertisements

I'm surprised to see no discussion of this new show. I REALLY liked it and am looking forward to more. This is the first time in a long time (other than S60, and we see where that went) that I liked a pilot this much. Let's see where it takes us!

Am I the only one who watched this?

2. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South

maybe...

I decided I needed to cut down on the boob tube and decided to pass on this show.

3. Tivortex

Tivortex Cherished Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Colorado
    Very high quality show. Maybe the best I've seen of the new crop, in the drama category. A keeper for me. Wonder how long the old man will be around ?

4. tase2

tase2 Shy Guy

Sep 26, 2004
    Wallingford, CT
    Most definitely a keeper.

I really enjoyed the entire hour. :up:

5. supham

supham Slow Member

Jan 15, 2003
    Oxford, MI

Advertisements

I thought it was great. My fav new show so far.

shannon

6. sbelew

sbelew Member

Mar 13, 2005
    I watched it last night on a last minute whim and was pleasantly suprised. Definately a keeper.

7. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    :up: :up: Two thumbs up from me.

I didn't watch "West Wing", so I haven't seen Jimmy Smits since NYPD Blue. Really like him.

I wonder if Nestor Carbonell will be playing in both LOST and CANE this season. No reason (other than scheduling) for him not to play more than one show at the same time.

8. JMikeD

JMikeD Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Austin, TX
    The producers of Lost said Nestor was going to be pretty much unavailable to them while he was doing Cane, so they had to make adjustments to their story line.

9. Animgif

Animgif Stud, Esquire

Jan 4, 2002
    The City So...
    Good...was worried this was going to be another show I loved that no one else did...Let's hope this stays around and stays good.

10. mrmike

mrmike Custom User Title

May 2, 2001
    I'm surprised at the plaudits for this one. The acting was good (I expect nothing less from Smits and Elizondo), but the content was pretty bog-standard soap opera stuff. Maybe I'm just not the target demo.

11. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Glad to see good reviews. I haven't got around to watching it yet. Hopefully I'll see it tonight.

12. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    :confused:

If you loved it and no one else did, I would expect it to be cancelled pretty fast.

Why would you hope for that?

13. Animgif

Animgif Stud, Esquire

Jan 4, 2002
    The City So...
    See edit...me just typing fast.

14. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Ah, that makes more sense.

I should've figured that's what you meant. :eek:

15. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I'm surprised to see the good reviews. I have not seen the show, but have seen plenty of billboards around Los Angeles for it. I kept thinking "this show thinks it is going to be the next 'Sopranos' and I bet it's going to fail big time."

Maybe my psychic powers are failing me! ;)

16. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Put me in the surprised that I liked it catagory. I recorded it, cuz I try to record all new shows, really thinking, that it would be the only episode I saw. I liked it ( well up to the last 5 minutes) but it's a keeper.

17. jones07

jones07 eff.org warrior

Jan 30, 2001
    Phila, Pa....
    The Big prime time soap opera's are usually not my cup of tea, but I surprisingly liked the Cane Pilot

18. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    So is this more drama or soap opera? I really like Jimmy Smits, too, but I do not at all go for the prime-time soap shows.

19. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I was wondering why I liked this show. I figured it out, it's because I loved it 25 years ago when it was called "Dallas" Every character on this show is a mirror of Dallas, We have Jock Ewing, who is gonna die, Miss Ellie will hold family together, We got JR, and Sue Ellen, Bobby, even got Bobby sleeping with rival oil--- I mean sugar grower Digger Barnes daughter Pam, and her scheming brother Cliff. Only one missing is Lucy. If Sue Ellens baby daddy turns out to be ranch hand Ray Crebs I'm outta here... well maybe not.

20. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    When I first heard that Jimmy Smits was going to be in the show I had high hopes and was mildly interested, but the teaser ads for the show just looked so Falcon Crest/Dallas/telenovella type that I opted to pass on the show for now. With a fairly crowded fall season, finding the time for an hour long drama isn't so easy, especially if the marketing people have done such a poor job (my opinion) in getting me interested in their product.

I am curious to see how the show holds out though and if it does well in the ratings. It's late for me to toss in Dead Pool picks for this season, but based simply on the ads, I was tempted to put this one on my list.

Hopefully the show will stay on the sched and give fans a chance to watch. If it keeps getting good buzz, then I might actually make the time to catch it.