Cancelled DTV

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by bgtimber75, Jun 26, 2006.

1. bgtimber75

bgtimber75 New Member

Jun 2, 2002

Advertisements

Well I made the plunge. Moved into a house that has Fios available so I went that route. I called to cancel and after being on hold for 20 minutes and having to give my account number 3 different times and being transfered twice. I basically had to lie and say I was moving in with someone else that already was paying for TV service just so I wouldn't have to be bagered to stay on.

The rep had the nerve to say that Verizon doesn't have Tivo. "They have DVR's but not the Tivo's that you have with us" I so wanted to say something about there DVR's but I just wanted off the phone at that point.

All in all I'm sad to leave DTV but I wasn't happy with there HD options. If I didn't didn't have to worry about HD I would have stayed since I'm very happy with there SD offerings and of course the Tivo's.

2. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    Sorry to see you leave. I'd be hard pressed to give up my SD DTivo units. AT&T tried to sell me on their satellite service when I upgraded my DSL download speed, but I wasn't interested.

3. scottt

scottt Macintosh Guru

Sep 6, 2002
    Springfield, VA
    Not sure where you are, but in VA, FIOS TV was a lot more expensive than DTV

4. bgtimber75

bgtimber75 New Member

Jun 2, 2002

Not exactly. The TV service is cheaper with Fios but the DVR's are an outrageous $13 per month. When I add in the price I was paying Comcast for HD locals and HSI I come out almost even getting it all from Verizon.

Just for TV I was paying $90 to DTV for 4 Tivo's and HBO plus $13 to Comcast for local HD. Now with Verizon I'm paying $111 for 3 DVR's a cable card for my personal DVR plus HBO, Starz, Movie Channel, Encore, ect. Not a bad trade off in my opinion.

5. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area

Advertisements

Man, I don't care how long I'm on the phone when I finally leave DTV - if the rep EVER mentions Tivo, I will so let them have it ...

6. Hersheytx

Hersheytx New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Dallas
    Fios is about the only thing that would get me to leave Directv. Plus I think Verizon is a respectable company. No bagage like Cable.
    I would be interested to hear about some of the extras FOIS gives you. Like ON DEMAND programing. How does the DVR work? How fast is your internet now? Does it hook up to your TV so you can watch TUBETV?
    I too am sorry to see you leave, but at least you did not crawl back to the cable company....that would have been to much.

7. Martin Tupper

Martin Tupper Pontiff Emeritus

Dec 18, 2003
    Fios + CC v2.0 + Series 3 TiVo = So long DirecTV.

8. Billy Bob Boy

Billy Bob Boy What Me Worry???????

Jul 25, 2004
    Here
    You should have said "If you kept Tivo and improved tivo instead of pushing your own unit I would stay. :) ;)