Canceling Series 2 Promotional

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Natron, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Natron

Natron Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Greater...

Advertisements

If you are canceling your old TiVo and have not made a connected in awhile you might want to ask for a credit on any charges before you cancel the subscription.

Last year I transferred my lifetime subscriptions from old series 2’s and TiVo put them on a year promotional which expired last month. I should have canceled them when I disconnected those boxes many moths ago but I did not.

I just canceled recently and later checked my credit and it was charged because the boxes automatically turned to a “month to month” subscription. I called back and asked for a credit but the CSR said it could not be done because they were already cancelled. So, if want to try and get a refund on un-used service ask for it before canceling. :)

Oh well, I hope my $20 “gift” helps TiVo to keep on going.

2. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
    I called when I saw the charge the customer rep
    "corey" refused to refund the charge on a retired
    Tivo (unplugged for a year). He told me it is their
    corporate policy to charge you regardless of the
    use of the service.

I requested that they cancel the service so I don't
    get any more charges. That was 4 days ago but the
    online tivo account info has not been canceled.

3. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
    They will not cancel the service until after the billing month ends, they do not want to give you a refund for the unused service.

There is no indication on-line that the service will end at the end of the billing cycle. You just have to trust them.:rolleyes:

4. MickeS

MickeS Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Oh, you must mean except for the sentence "The TiVo service will be terminated at the end of the service period for which you have paid and unused subscription fees are nonrefundable." under the section "Termination of service" in the service agreement?

5. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ

Advertisements

No, I mean that the status of the account show no difference, after you call to terminate. There is no indication that the account is about to be terminated at the end of the billing cycle.