Canceled Network TV shows?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jerryez, Dec 16, 2020.

1. jerryez

jerryez Active Member

May 16, 2001
    Pensacola,FL...

Advertisements

I have 63 season passes on my Roamio OTA and have not seen many of these shows lately. Some are Summer shows and most are Fall shows. I know that many Fall shows have not returned because of the Covid 19. Does anybody know of a web site that list network shows that have been canceled. I found one list, but it list all shows canceled and half are netflix or other streaming services, which is a very long list. Plus some of the network shows on my TiVo may have been canceled two years ago.

2. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    The best website is www.google.com. I'm sure some variation of canceled shows and the network name will bring up a plethora of options.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

trip1eX likes this.
  3. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    I tend to use thefutoncritic.com - but I don't think it has a single list of just the canceled network TV shows. Instead I search for each show and see its status (returning, airing, TBD, cancelled).

stevewjackson, Noelmel and jerryez like this.
  4. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    On futon if you look at your shows, it says currently airing, or in this case "endend"
    I just unchecked as I see em.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Noelmel likes this.
  5. lambertman

lambertman Chris Lambert, man

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
  6. tenthplanet

tenthplanet Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Google the shows, takes awhile but it will bring up more relevant material including Variety, Hollywood Reporter, and Deadline links usually. News usually breaks to these sites first. Deadline is the main go to. Most websites will pick up their info from the three mentioned above.

7. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Eh, I just tend to not worry about the season pass list having series that have been cancelled. It doesn’t hurt anything. Once in a blue moon I’ll take a look at the list and delete series that have obviously ended.

I certainly would not waste my time googling a bunch of series to see if they were coming back.

jerryez likes this.
  8. jerryez

jerryez Active Member

May 16, 2001
    Pensacola,FL...
    That is where I am at, I have not looked at my Passes since I bought the TiVo and some were obviously needed to be deleted, but there are some that are 2017 and 2018 that may have been coming back. So, I am not really interested in the shows just deleted, but the older ones that I do not know if they have been canceled. I do n ot want to google each show either.

9. eherberg

eherberg Active Member

Feb 16, 2011
    jerryez and DigitalDawn like this.
  10. DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn Active Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Jupiter, FL
    Great finds, thanks.

11. TivoJD

TivoJD Active Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Polk Co,...
  12. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    IT HURTS MY BRAIN!

;)

13. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Wow.. ONLY 63. I have HUNDREDS (including some ARWLs).. yes I do eventually go cull some out, when I'm absolutely 100% positive they're cancelled, and when I bother doing it. Usually that's years later!

Noelmel likes this.
  14. Noelmel

Noelmel Active Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    Came here to say but other beat me to it. The futon critic is the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. jerryez

jerryez Active Member

May 16, 2001
    Pensacola,FL...
    This is a good one since it goes back at least 10 years and can be sorted by each network. Not that I need to go back that far.

Noelmel likes this.
  16. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    The TiVo Community Forum has a list under "tv show talk".