Cancel question

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by panther61, Nov 26, 2019.

1. panther61

panther61 New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Maryland
    One of my TIVO annual plans is up for renewal 11/30/19. I made a note to cancel it prior to the end of the month so my card does not get charged due to my forgetfulness. I went in this AM and it says, "your friends from TIVO are sad to see me go and that any unused portion of my service will be forfeited." Is this the way to be treated like a friend? Am I reading this right I will be immediately cut off and be not able to use the few days balance of service because I chose not to renew for another year? Brutal!

2. Slumpert

Slumpert Member

Oct 18, 2019
    If you wait till the day before, remove the network connection then cancel service you still have week plus of functionality.

But yea, don’t break up with someone the day before your birthday and still expect a present..

jrtroo likes this.
  3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Except, the service already has been paid for. Why not just be, oh, I don't know, fair, and end service after the paid-for term ends?

Chuck_IV, mschnebly and V7Goose like this.
  4. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Your talking a few days, I would cancel now. Disconnect from the internet first before canceling and it will still work for about 10 days.

5. panther61

panther61 New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Maryland
    Thank you for your quick response and advice.

6. panther61

panther61 New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Maryland
    Another question - I do not plan to cancel my Comcast account until the end of December. Presently I am still receiving live TV via the now terminated TIVO. Will the canceled TIVO unit still act as a, "cable box" while plugged in with the cable card in it for the rest of the month until I cancel Comcast? Thanks

7. Slumpert

Slumpert Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Yea, you should be able manually goto a channel and watch it, press any other buttons than channel numbers and it will start complaining to you.

8. skkyup

skkyup We had some good times

Dec 1, 2019
    Silicon Valley
    If you owned a TiVo it was never about the money. It was about an amazing product that did to VCR's what iPhones did to flip phones. Sadly that time has come for me to just say goodbye old friend, it was fun while it lasted. Thank You