Can you transfer a lifetime subscription to a different machine ???

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by donald_b_bell, Mar 22, 2010.

1. donald_b_bell

donald_b_bell New Member

Dec 19, 2006

Advertisements

Can I transfer a lifetime subscription from a broken series 2 tivo box to another box of the same model number that is working ???

2. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    The LIFETIME status, generally speaking, is tied to the machine itself.

Once in a while they've allowed transfers, but don't count on it.

What's wrong with the machine? You might be able to revive it.

Symptoms?

3. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    As long as the motherboard of the lifetime TiVo works, you can transfer the hard drive or power supply from the working TiVo and revive the lifetime box. (Assuming they are both the same model series 2, otherwise you'd need to image a drive or buy one.)

4. donald_b_bell

donald_b_bell New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    <<< What's wrong with the machine? You might be able to revive it. >>>

Multi-color bands moving through the picture. It looks like an old analog TV with the horizontal hold out of adjustment. The multi-color bands move vertically, from top to bottom.

However, tonight it is working okay. May be an intermittant problem in the motherboard?

5. bud8man

bud8man Tivo Evangelist

Feb 12, 2004
    Oakland, NJ

Advertisements

whats the temp of your tivo? I had a fan go...and then all heck broke loose until the power supply finally died...replaced the fan, re-imaged the drive, and swaped power supplies to get my life time a life line.

6. Morpheus101

Morpheus101 Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Send your Tivo in for repair and they will transfer the Lifetime to another box for $150.