Can you modify Season Pass?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by DeathRider, Dec 30, 2006.

1. DeathRider

DeathRider New Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Boston Area RCN

Advertisements

On my S2, there are a few shows that conflict. But they are aired multiple times during the week, like Battlestar Galactica on SCiFi, Dexter on SHO, ect.

Is there a way yet to not have to select "First run & repeats" to get it to record a different time/day that doesn't conflict on it's own (instead of "First Run only")?

Or is this already possible on my S2 and don't realize it?

2. Gregor

Gregor Wear Your Mask! TCF Club

Feb 18, 2002
    You can set up a manual recording for a channel and time that repeats.

3. Mike Farrington

Mike Farrington Lost Member

Nov 16, 2000
    Quite often when shows are repeated in their first week of airing, they are all marked as "first run" as far as the TiVo is concerned. I'd guess that this is the case about 95% of the time. So a FRO season pass should work just fine. The 28-day rule is what keeps your TiVo from getting all the airings.

4. hookbill

hookbill Feathered Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Northeast Ohio
    I did this with Nip/Tuck. Had a manual weekly recording Fridays at 11:00 pm. No conflicts! :)

5. btwyx

btwyx Substantive Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Mountain...

Advertisements

Doesn't "First Run" mean its first airing was withing the last 7 days, so it sounds like First Run is what you want. It'll pick up one of the repeats during the week.

6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I thought it was 14 days, not 7 days.

7. JimPa

JimPa S3 owner/user

Oct 25, 2006
    DeathRider (don't even want to know why you chose that screen name)

I understand what you are asking. If Battlestar has a recording conflict on Friday night with whatever, go ahead and record whatever and record Battlestar on Sunday night on Universal.

I don't think this is currently a function of the S3, although it would be very handy.

8. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Right on!

I do the same, multiple season passes on cable stations that have multiple showings, with their position in the season pass manager determining who gets recorded first.

I've learned over time who is most likely to run over, or get bumped, so those go above the passes that are most likely to always be on time.

First run indeed covers all the showing that week or so (not sure of the specifics)

Diane

9. HORUS

HORUS New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    NJ
    I've got Daily Show and Colbert Report both in my Season pass as First Run only. I'm getting three recordings for each day for these two entries, two reruns for each entry. This is the only two shows I've encountered problems with. The new ones come on M-Thurs at 11:00 and 11:30 respective, it's the two during the day that I could do without. Any suggestions?

10. jautor

jautor Also wants a pony

Jul 1, 2001
    Houston, TX
    You'll find dozens, if not hundreds, of posts about the Daily Show and Colbert... It's because there's not enough info in the guide data they provide for TiVo to figure out that those are the same shows. As far as TiVo can tell, it's three new shows, every day...

There's got to be a petition to Comedy Central to provide episode ID data, isn't there??? :rolleyes:

Jeff

11. dbenrosen

dbenrosen New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    New Jersey
    This used to be a horrible problem with The Daily Show up until 6 months or so ago. Then they started posting actual episode info (the guest for example) and I was only getting one per day using First Run Only which made it much better. I haven't checked in the last week or so, though. During vacation weeks it is bad as well.

You could manually tell it to record the 11pm/11:30pm airing, or if you prefer you could do the ones later at night.

12. Maeglin

Maeglin New Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Norcross, GA
    They do for at least some shows, but apparently not all. I've got the Sarah Silverman Program set to FRO, and getting one recording a week just like I should.

13. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    yes. it is 7 or 8 days. We have our own TiVoStephen to thank for that bit of inspired logic to make it easy to pick up more shows.

Now some shows have been notorious for not having enough data to let the TiVo know they are the same episode. The logic there is to record it anyway and err on the side of getting the show for the user to delete. Daily show is bad along with the Tonight Show. I have those set with a Keep at Most - and now I am at keep 10 since I just put in a larger hard drive ;) That way the episodes record over each other and do not just keep piling up. For me 10 seems to be the right number to see all the new Daily shows.

now the BattleStar Gallactica has the added twist of being on two different channels? Plus it seems there is some HD or not twsit on the S3. In general if you are trying to get show that airs on say SciFi and then on Universal you need a wishlist to look across both channels to see it has multiple options, make it autorecord and then prioritize the wishlist in the seasonpas manager screen. If set to autorecord then it will show and can be ordered along with all season passes

14. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    TDS/Colbert info seems a lot better than it used to be, as others have said. The Monday reruns don't have info lately, so there are still multiple recordings.

I think there will be a week of reruns of TDS in a week or two since I see that far ahead in the To Do list there're multiple TDS recordings scheduled. Hopefully those will fix themselves as we get closer to the date.