Can you activate free lifetime via tivo website?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Roveer, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Roveer

Roveer Member

May 27, 2003
    I just bought 3 tivo mini's at BB and did an on-line registration. All 3 went to "still processing check back in 24 hours". Has anyone been able to register free lifetime via the website? My last attempt took almost 2 weeks with several phone calls to Tivo. I'm hoping I don't have to go through that again, but fear I probably will.

Thanks,

Roveer

2. sdsvtdriver

sdsvtdriver Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Yes. Did so earlier in the week.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    All you have to do is to add it into your account and see that lifetime is also listed, then you need to have the Minis and your Tivos make a Tivo Connection. Don't need 24 hours, because all they need is the forced Tivo Connections.

4. Roveer

Roveer Member

May 27, 2003
    I set up all 3 of my tivo's last night. The first one wouldn't find the DVR so I did a "chat" with Tivo support. I swapped my new mini on the same ethernet cable as the mini I had already installed and had working. At first it wouldn't find the dvr. Tivo support was trying to get me to reboot my router. The mini had already made several connections to tivo for updates and data so connectivity was not an issue. I could also ping the Roamio from the same wire. They were are the same physical switch (my network is extensive), and the router does not come into play unless it's trying to get out to tivo (which it did).

Anyway, long story short, after about 15 minutes it finally connected and worked fine. I did the other 2 Tivo's and they worked fine as well. All the while Tivo.com account status saying "still processing". When I logged in today all the new Tivo's say lifetime. Looks like it worked. Was fearing that I would have to make phone calls like I did the last time. Seems to be just fine now.

Roveer

5. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    I activated mine over the web site. I had to reboot the Mini a couple of times for it to connect to my Roamio.

6. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Rebooting the host DVR can also help the process along.