Can TiVo stop Xr2 remote from working

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Gallifrey, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Gallifrey

Gallifrey New Member

Apr 18, 2013

Advertisements

I have spent time searching for info. I just switched back to Comcast 2 weeks ago. Last Saturday the Comcast XR2 Infinity remote stopped communicating with the Comcast cable box. I have powered off the box and the tv. The cable box lights up with the data light and the remote light and then goes dark.

I am wondering if Comcast will say it is TiVo. I have had this TiVo for years and it worked with Comcast 18 months ago and it worked with Fios. Now the only way to view channels is using TiVo.

The TV is a digital TV. The TiVo is a series 2 Humax. Could TiVo be causing a problem with the Xfinity cable box? When I have the time I am going to remove TiVo from the configuration and see if the Comcast box receives the Comcast remote signal.

The remote talks with the tv, just not the Comcast box. The Comcast box is connected to the Tivo by coax and 3 color jacks go from the Comcast box to the tv.

TiVo is fine for watching, recording and its other functions. It's the Comcast remote that is is the problem. The box lights up and then goes dark.

Thank for any info

2. AsSeenOnTv

AsSeenOnTv New Member

Apr 17, 2013
    sounds like the comcast box is broken before you call comcast, unplug the tivo and confirm that the remote still wont work.

3. tatergator1

tatergator1 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Unlikely the Tivo has anything to do with this. The remote may have lost the code for the Comcast box, or the box IR receiver is malfunctioning, etc. If you're close to a Comcast office, go swap for a new remote; they should give you a new one without any problem.

4. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    How is the TiVo controlling the box? And what exactly are you using the Comcast remote for? Normally, the only reason for using the cable box remote would be to access on demand, PPV, or cable box setup.