Can Tivo play shows back to back

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Higuchem, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Higuchem

Higuchem New Member

Jan 3, 2006

Advertisements

Can Tivo play recordings back to back so you don't have to select each one? I would like Tivo to give an option to select shows to watch back to back. With DVD burner models you can select the shows and in what order to be burn. Why not allows us to have the option to watch the shows in the order we want without having to go back and after each show was shown to pick?

Long Live Tivo!!!!!!!

2. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    this feature does not exist. people that are recording shows to VCR or external DVD recorder have long wanted it.

3. d_anders

d_anders Sr Legacy Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Twin Cities...
    This is true, but I believe it's available in some of the TiVo/DVD Recorder models. I don't own one, so I hope someone will chime in and clarify this...

EDIT - REREAD OP, sorry, didn't catch it...this is a feature a lot of folks have asked for in the suggestions area...

TiVo could easily add it (as they already have the code base for it with the DVD recorder models), and many aren't sure why they haven't yet....perhaps there's an agreement with the DVD Recorder manufacturers that provides them an exclusive to this feature for some time...

4. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004

the OP stated in his post that you can select multiple shows to burn to one internal DVD and I do that on my RS TX20 TiVo. This is not for playing shows but just for burning them in the background to an internal DVD recorder

5. audiocrawford

audiocrawford New Member

Oct 19, 2005

Advertisements

This is at the top of my most-wanted feature list. I tend to like to watch syndicated sitcoms or other shorter programs in the background when I am working on my PC or doing other tasks, and I'd love to just set up a simple playlist, even if it wasn't able to be saved.

AC