1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JRobey83, May 17, 2018.

1. JRobey83

JRobey83 New Member

May 17, 2018
    I’m hoping someone can help me. I have a TiVo Premeire 4 and the other day I received a message, but I was trying to fix my internet connection so I only glanced at the message and then restarted my TiVo. I didn’t realize the message would disappear when I restarted the TiVo. I remember it saying something about the guide and it had the date May 18th. When I looked at my ‘To Do List’, nothing is set to record past tomorrow. Does anyone know if their getting rid of certain features? I can’t seem to find anything about this. I’m sorry if this is vague.

Also, the TiVo still won’t connect to my internet and I know for a fact that there’s nothing wrong with my connection. I’m wondering if this has something to do with whatever is supposed to happen on Friday.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I hope I don't regret this.

What's supposed to happen on Friday? Who is your cable provider?

3. GaryD9

GaryD9 Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Pittsburgh,...
    It sounds to me like the message was telling you that you've run out of guide data and it needs to connect to the tivo service to get more.

4. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    I'd bet pretty good money against that. Something's clearly wrong, and you'll get to the solution sooner if you give up the notion that it isn't. What is the error TiVo gives when trying to connect? How is it connected? What IP address does it have?

5. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Sounds right especially since OP says something about fixing internet connection.

6. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    How is the TiVo supposed to connect to the internet? Are you using WiFi? Or, do you have an Ethernet or Moca connection?

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Guide running out has a M59 or M60 error, which never seems to be deleted. I'm still skeptical.

8. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    While I've not seen it in a very long time, if I recall correctly there's not just one message either.

9. JRobey83

JRobey83 New Member

May 17, 2018
    It’s Ethernet and the error says ‘No internet connection (C130)’ . The reason I don’t think it’s my internet connection is because I have a PlayStation that runs through the same hub and it has no problems. I’m sorry that I sound dumb, but what exactly is guide data and how do you fix that? BTW, I have a Comcast Cable Card. I appreciate everyone who has helped!

10. GaryD9

GaryD9 Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Pittsburgh,...
    The easy thing to try... take the cable plugged into your playstation and plug it into your tivo... and the tivo cable into the playstation.

Does the playstation still work? Can you now force a network connection on the tivo?

stile99 likes this.
  11. JRobey83

JRobey83 New Member

May 17, 2018
    I figured out the internet issue. The MAC address was paused on my router. Don’t know how or when that happened. Anyway, that’s finally figured out but I’m still having issues with my guide and ‘To Do List’. I restarted it, but still nothing is set to record after tonight and I’m not able to look up anything past tomorrow. I’m wondering if I just need to give it a few hours or if I need to contact TiVo.

Thanks to everyone that’s taken the time to try and help. It’s much appreciated!

12. GaryD9

GaryD9 Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Pittsburgh,...
    As I mentioned earlier... it's probably run out of guide data. Force it to connect to the tivo service. From one of TiVo's own help documents:

TiVo button -> Settings & Messages -> Settings -> Network -> Connect to the TiVo Service now

Watch it run. It should prepare, connect, disconnect, and then spend quite a bit of time "loading." Within 30 minutes after it completes, you should have guide data. Within another hour, your scheduled recordings should show up in todo.

JRobey83 likes this.
  13. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    A Premiere can take hours to repopulate the guide. Patience will be needed.

JRobey83 likes this.
  14. GaryD9

GaryD9 Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Pittsburgh,...
    The time estimates I gave were based on things I've seen on my XL4. The "loading" for a full 12 days takes a while, but once the "call" is marked as completed, usually I have good guide data for a few days after about 30 minutes. (lasted tested about a week ago when I did a clear/delete everything.)

15. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I started a connection on my 2-tuner box which last made a connection on Monday. It's been two hours and I'm at 80%. It may take longer since I have both OTA and cable enabled. I was hoping for RC42, but that took about 5 minutes to download on my Roamio and less that 2 minutes for "Loading.." to finish. Things have changed I guess.

16. GaryD9

GaryD9 Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Pittsburgh,...
    I gave numbers only based on my recent experience with the h/w I have active. Does a non-Elite (XL4) premiere have a slower processor? If so, they might cause things to take longer. I have a regular "XL" (non-elite), but it's deactivated so I can't test with it.

I thought that once "loading" was done, the guide was there... and that background processing was just for getting the todo list + suggestions queued up. I could easily be wrong on either/both, however.

Regardless, the OP should still force a network connection... once that's successfully completed (and assuming TiVo sends over guide data*), his guide should populate.

*Based on threads I've read on here, there are apparently times when TiVo doesn't actually send over guide data. I can't comment on that, as I've never noticed it happening to me.

17. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I think the bigger Premiere boxes have a better CPU. As for guide updates, this is how they still work -> Daily Guide Updates

18. JRobey83

JRobey83 New Member

May 17, 2018
    Everything is back to normal! Thanks so much everyone! I really appreciate it.

JoeKustra likes this.
  19. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    The 4-tuner boxes got a bump out the door with the additional cores on the CPU being enabled by default, I'm not sure the 2-tuners got the same

20. GaryD9

GaryD9 Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Pittsburgh,...
    Awesome. Just so others can find it when they search for similar problems, can you post what the final resolution was? (Did the force network connection fix it, or was it something else?)