Can some one explain to me?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dixmitty, Aug 15, 2011.

1. dixmitty

dixmitty New Member

Jan 22, 2011

Advertisements

Hi,
    New to the boards an am needing some help with my Tivo Premiere. I have been using my tivo for about 6 months and everything is working relatively fine. I have cox cable and have gotten more and more fed up with their cable service and have decided to cancel since they are charging me for VOD but can't supply it to my TIVO and wont discount me. I am still keeping internet service so I can use netflix/hulu/etc. I called to cancel and now it seems as though my netflix/hulu aren't working now.

I removed the cable card from the tivo and tried to do a new setup on it without it and now I'm getting the the basic channels and ota channels in HD but no netflix/hulu. Do I need to do some other setup to get netflix/hulu working. I may have selected the wrong process. Should I have left the cable plugged to the cable card or the regular cable input?

Also, I've noticed that my other tvs(no tivo) are picking up channels like ESPN and History channel, etc in SD. Why doesn't my tivo pick them up while I'm plugged into the cable input (not the cable card)? Shouldn't this work the same way as just plugging right into the tv? Is there any way for me to make this work? Excuse my ignorance on this :) I'm still learning.

2. larrs

larrs Movie Fan-Addict

May 2, 2005
    DFW
    You need to re-run guided setup. Your tivo is still expecting to see a cable card as you have it setup as Cable TV with Cable card. Go to the main menu>messages and settings>run guided setup (as I recall from memory).