Can PyTiVo Delete Video Files?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Technogod, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Technogod

Technogod New Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Is there a version of PyTiVo that has a selection to delete a file in the same menu where you play the video file? Streambaby is able to do this but I've switched to PyTivo to pull my video files because there is no rebuffering. I then delete the file off of the TiVo but have to launch Streambaby to delete the file off of my WHS 2011. I'm running PyTiVo version wmcbrine dated 11-30-11.

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    FYI, Streambaby has option to push/transfer video to your TiVo instead of streaming which avoids the rebuffering problem. Just have to your tivo.com login information to streambaby.ini file to enable:
    tivo.username=xxx
    tivo.password=xxx

3. Technogod

Technogod New Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I enabled push for Streambaby. I still have to leave the menu and go to My Shows to play the video. Is that correct? I was trying to keep from having to leave the menu.

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Yes that's correct. It's not possible to play back a recording from My Shows while within an HME application.

5. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    To answer the original question... no.

If (big if) it's possible to get a Premiere to send a delete command to pyTivo the way it would to another Premiere, then I'd be willing to implement that (as an option -- off by default).