Can not sign into my TiVo account

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Jed1, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Dec 8, 2015 #1 of 34
    Jed1

Jed1 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    Every time I try to sign into my account I get a pop up message next to the email address that says "forgetting something". It is acting like I never enter any data into that box.
    I even put TiVo@tivo.com in and I get the same message.
    I also can not sign into TiVo online as I get a message that my email or password is not valid. It is almost like I do not have an account at all.

I am using IE11 and I tried other accounts with various sites and they all work.

I also received an email this afternoon that my email was changed and it was my same address but there was a 123 added to the end of it. If I put that in the box the message changes from "forgetting something" to "not a valid email address".

I did call TiVo Support right after I received the message and they stated they were merging my accounts together but I only have had one account with them since I am a new customer as of the summer of 2013.

Anybody else having issues logging into your account as TiVo tried on their end and it appears they got the same message.

2. Dec 8, 2015 #2 of 34
    HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Odd, I was able to sign into my account at TiVo.com and online.tivo.com just now without any issues.

Scott

3. Dec 8, 2015 #3 of 34
    unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC

Who emailed you to tell you that your email was changed?

TiVo?

Your internet service provider?

Do you have more than one email account (as far as you know)?

4. Dec 8, 2015 #4 of 34
    Jed1

Jed1 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    Thanks Scott. This is what I feared. Whatever TiVo did today has probably hosed my account. I just was on my account two days ago to file a channel line up issue and everything worked fine.
    I am wondering if I should have called TiVo when I got the email as it may have cleared itself but they went and reset something and then another person had me change my password but not even that works.
    Hopefully my units do not get lost. I guess I will find out tomorrow after they make their service connections.

5. Dec 8, 2015 #5 of 34
    Jed1

Jed1 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    TiVo emailed me and it stated my email was changed but it only added 123 to the end of my old one.
    They told me that they were doing some changes to my account and it would be fine in two hours.
    Yes I have had this one email account for 11 years now. I do not have any other ones.

Here is the actual email. I removed my name and put username and isp in place of mine.

I haven't called TiVo today but had to after this email from them. They do see this on my account and they admitted that they were doing something with my account but now I can not access any thing on my account including TiVo Online.

6. Dec 9, 2015 #6 of 34
    ncbill

ncbill Active Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Western NC
    A few months ago I transferred some older Series 3 lifetime units to another user & Tivo ended up transferring all my units in addition to apparently deleting my account.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  7. Dec 9, 2015 #7 of 34
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It doesn't seem logical. Taking your post literally, changing the TiVo domain would not be changing your email address, it would be changing TiVo's address.

You said:
    Previous Email: username@isp.net
    New Email: username@isp.net123

I would expect:
    New Email: username123@isp.net

Something is fishy. However, your signin ID is not a real email address anyhow. I also have found that if I don't logout of my account I can't login to support.

8. Dec 9, 2015 #8 of 34
    Jed1

Jed1 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    TiVo made changes to my account yesterday and what I posted was verified by them. This is all related to the black screen issue I have been having for a year now. I talked to a supervisor in advanced support and she verified that adding the 123 at the end of your email is a method they use to internally make changes to an account.
    One major draw back to this is I have a new Media Access Key and the shows I have saved on TiVo desktop is no longer accessible.
    From my understanding is when this process is all complete I will be starting as a new customer.

9. Dec 9, 2015 #9 of 34
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Wow. I'll light a candle for you.

I just checked: 1300 errors in three hours. Roamio: zero. Premiere: 200k. Roamio in standby puts the tuners to sleep.

10. Jed1

Jed1 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    Thanks Joe as I will need it as the next seven days will be interesting. I did not expect my MAK to be changed as this just hosed all my saved recordings on my computer.
    I did finally get the issue fixed with accessing my account. A third try to reset my password did the trick.

I think one issue was when my other two Premieres were deactivated and replaced I was told to disconnect them from the internet so I can still use them while waiting fir replacements. The problem was they never left my account and TiVo kept insisting I can not have two units showing the same name.

Another issue was each time I would have this black screen issue it would generate a new support ticket and then the ticket would be closed. I ended up with at least a dozen tickets in the past year dealing with this issue.

I assume the two new in box units will be here on Monday at the earliest so I hope that I at least get to use these two until then as I hate to have to get two STBs from SECV to tide me over until next week.

As for your signal issue I think a service call is in order as I am not having any issues at my home.

11. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If you get really desperate I have a DTA I'm not using, and a basic Premiere.

12. Jed1

Jed1 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    Actually the DTA will not work as I think all the devices are now tied to specific accounts and different feeds. Since we do not share the same node it may not work.
    Hopefully TiVo is right and my units will still work for a 7 days after. If not I guess I will have to call support for a work around.

13. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I believe you could use VideoReDo to decrypt your existing .tivo files using your old MAK, then set the new MAK in VideoReDo and encrypt them again as TiVo files.

14. TiVoSupport_Sarah

TiVoSupport_Sarah TiVo Representative

Mar 30, 2015
    Good Morning Community,

Tivo is very aware that Online is having issues,logging in,recognizing boxes and so. We are working diligently to get this issue resolved.
    We greatly appreciate your patience while we work to get this fixed.
    Thank You & if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

15. Jed1

Jed1 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    I took a good look at my account and I noticed that I have a totally new account. The only thing left from the old account is the support tickets. There is no data for my credit cards and like I said before I have a new MAK number. The downside of getting a new MAK is now the recordings I have saved on my desktop are now not accessible anymore unless I buy some software that was mentioned by ej42137.
    Another side effect to having the MAK changed is you lose access to TiVo Online until all the units you own acquire the new MAK during their service connection.

What is concerning me is why has my account been changed as I was not having any issues with it. Was there a data breach at TiVo? If so I need to know so I may have to put a lock down on the card I was using with my account.

16. ericy

ericy New Member

Feb 10, 2016
    I don't know why, but this morning I had the same issue - I can't log in, and it suggests that I am "forgetting something". It doesn't say the username or password is wrong - it is almost acting like the website isn't working properly or some such, and doesn't recognize that I have entered a username.

17. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I'm going to guess they are having server problems. My guide only goes to 3/15. However I was able to login to my account.

18. Johncv

Johncv Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    Sarah, does this affect the TiVo app also? My brother is currently in convalescent hospital and the android app on his phone stop working.

19. Jed1

Jed1 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    Well this issue is back again. Put in your email and password and you get the pop up message "are you forgetting something".:mad:
    This company is becoming increasingly frustrating to use anymore.
    I hope my account is not messed up again as this will be the second time in just three months.

And if you try to log in here:
    https://www.tivo.com/tivo-mma/login/show.do#
    you get invalid email or password. I have to assume my account is hosed again as this is what happened before.

Yep same message on TiVo Online. Account is messed up again.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  20. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    OK this morning.