can i use my tivo with World Cinema?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by streborekim, Apr 15, 2006.

1. streborekim

streborekim New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    i'm temporarily moving to an apartment that uses a 'hotel type' satellite system provided by a company called 'World Cinema'. there's no box, just a cable outlet that feeds the channels.

i have a list of channels that the service has. is there a way i can program in the channels so the tivo can download the right program information or do i have to use the tivo like a vcr and program in weekly events?

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Check the Zap2It.com website to see if the lineup may already be there. If not, then you need to send the lineup to them. There's a link on their website.

3. streborekim

streborekim New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    hey jim, thanks for the lead. i may be brain dead because of moving but i can't seem to find where i would see something about my tivo line-up on zap2it. would you mind helping me out?

thanks,
    mike

4. streborekim

streborekim New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    nevermind, i got it! thanks again!

5. hillstrubl

hillstrubl New Member

Aug 10, 2006
    regarding the guided setup, what if that isn't a choice?
    I read the responses above, but am confused as to how to manually add the channel listings.

6. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    You can't create your own channel listings. The best you could do is find another choice that has some or all of the same channels.

7. hillstrubl

hillstrubl New Member

Aug 10, 2006
    How about this, does anybody have a zip code that might work for World Cinema listings? I assume that its (likely) the same/similar regardless of where in the USA it is? I know that some stuff will still be messed up, I'm just trying to get it closer.