Can I switch monthly to prepaid during first 30?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by mcharkowski, Sep 4, 2007.

1. mcharkowski

mcharkowski Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Epping, NH
    I just bought a TivoHD and activated month-to-month for 3 years. I've now realized what a better deal the prepaid is and would prefer to go with that. I've only had the box for 2 weeks, so I'm still in that 30-day guarantee window. I could just return the thing and get another one and activate that one the way I want, but that's a lot of work for everyone involved. It seems to make sense that I could switch during these first 30 days, but as we all know, Tivo, Inc. and making sense are 2 things that don't always go together :)

If anyone knows, I would appreciate some help.

Oh, and BTW, <standard disclaimer> I did search for this first and couldn't find anything. I am aware of the search functionality and do believe everyone should try to find the answer via search before adding yet another post to the forum. The patience of the forum community is greatly appreciated. </standard disclaimer>

2. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    I know that I asked the customer service rep about this when I activated a box for a friend, and they said that it could be done. But as you said, it's a crap shoot dealing with customer service.

3. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Ask for a supervisor when you call.

4. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Worst case - you could cancel the existing service as part of the 30-day guarantee and then turn around and sign up with the prepay.

Which is why you shouldn't have any problem getting a CSR to make the switch without having them go through all the work to do it that way ....