1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I swap remotes?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by mcf57, Mar 4, 2018.

1. mcf57

mcf57 Member

Oct 19, 2012
    PA
    I have a Roamio with an RF remote in my main floor living room. I then have a Tivo Mini in a basement rec area with a regular TivO peanut remote. In order to avoid the cost of an additional box (TiVo or Comcast), I plan to run the Tivo Mini's audio/video outputs to a guest bedroom on an adjacent wall. Would then like to link the TiVo RF remote to the Mini so it can easily change channels in the bedroom OR rec room. Would then use the standard TiVo remote with the Roamio on the main floor.

Is this possible or do I need a newer model Mini in order to use an RF remote with it?

2. cbrrider

cbrrider Active Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Portland, OR
    You don't mention which model Mini you have. Version 2 Mini (TCDA93000) has RF built in, so you're good to go. Any other version, you'll need a RF dongle for it to work. RF Dongle for TiVo Slide Pro Remote.

3. mcf57

mcf57 Member

Oct 19, 2012
    PA
    I am thinking since it came with a standard remote & I got it early when they came out, its a version one and not RF compatible so will need the dongle

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Look at it. If the "TiVo Mini" is centered it is the new A93 Mini. If it's left justified it is the old A92 Mini and does not have rf builtin.