Can I still use tivo/tivo web or is it dead?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by PiPo, Jul 4, 2011.

1. PiPo

PiPo New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ashburton,...

Advertisements

Having missed out due to building work I'm trying to get back to using my tivo and I'm dazed and confused.

I can't have a new virgin tivo as I only get freesat/freeview and live in a rural area which won't be cabled in my lifetime I would imagine.

What are my options with my series 1 extended hard drive tivo with cache card & tivoweb?

Please be specific to use of Freesat as I couldn't get it to work when the building started so haven't tried up until now.

Panasonic Viera
    Humax Foxsat no HD
    Series 1 TiVo with tivoweb, cache card & bigger HD.

Thanks
    Pippa

2. AMc

AMc Active Member

Mar 22, 2002
    East of England
    You'll need to register your service number for the new, free AltEPG service.
    Then follow the instructions in the installation and configuration forum for setting up a networked Tivo. When you run guided set up choose the option for "aerial & Digital Satellite" IIRC.

3. Fred Smith

Fred Smith Still learning

Oct 5, 2002
    Reading,...
    As above just register with ALT EPG.

"Humax Foxsat no HD" do you mean no HDD?

4. PiPo

PiPo New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ashburton,...
    Thank you so much guys, stop using tivo for a while and bam it's restaurant at the end of the Universe time.
    I'm so glad there are forums like this with people willing to help others. Sort of warm and fuzzy after the shock of the prospect of no more TiVo.
    Pippa