Can I roll back to previous version

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Gösta H. Lovgren, May 19, 2018.

1. Gösta H. Lovgren

Gösta H. Lovgren New Member

May 9, 2008
    I upgraded my Tivo software and absolutely hate the latest version. Been a Tive fan for nearly 20 years and this is the the only version I haven't liked. To start with it's a black screen with dull gray print. VERY had to read on old eyes from across the room.

Next very hard to find/navigate menus.

How do I delete a recorded program in the middle?

Next ...

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    How to Rollback Hydra from Roamio and Mini's v1

Note recordings will be lost upon rolling back. Save them via Pytivo for the ones not copy protected.

krkaufman and kpeters59 like this.
  3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    If preserving recordings and settings is desired... the suggested PyTivo can both offload and restore the copy-able recordings; and KMTTG can be used to backup and restore OnePasses and some other settings. (KMTTG can also offload recordings, but lacks the ability to send them back to the DVR.)

PLEX is also an option for streaming recordings to a TiVo device, rather than uploading the recording back to the DVR.

4. news4me2

news4me2 Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis
    To delete a program in the middle of recording, just hit the RED "Record" button again and you will have the following options:

"Continue recording"
    "Stop recording"
    "Stop recording & delete"

5. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    OP used "recorded" program in the middle. Maybe he meant "recording", I don't know. In any event, since I use the clear button for all deletions, whether it is still recording or not, I hit the left arrow and it usually is still on that program and then I hit clear. If it has finished recording, I'm done, if it is still recording, I then get the choices you you posted although not in that order.

news4me2 likes this.