Can I record CBS prime time shows?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Csblake111, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Csblake111

Csblake111 New Member

Oct 18, 2015

Advertisements

I want to record the current Season of The Good Wife and seem to be unable to do so. The only option I get offered is to stream with Amazon Video and pay for it. My whole point of getting Tivo was to be able to record these prime time shows.

2. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    What tivo do you have?
    I can set a one pass for the good wife on my xl4 premier.
    Have you contacted tivo?

3. Csblake111

Csblake111 New Member

Oct 18, 2015
    I have the TiVo Roamio OTA. No, I haven't tried contacting TiVo yet. Thought I'd check here first.

I can set the One Pass, but it doesn't record. Just gives me the option of streaming the episodes from Amazon. I am able to record Stephen Colbert's show, so maybe it's just the prime time shows from CBS.

4. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Will it record direct from the tv guide, recording one show? You can always set up a manual record for the time and channel.

5. Eddie501

Eddie501 Member

Jun 4, 2004

Advertisements

It sounds like you may have set the OnePass for streaming only. Go into the OnePass options for this show & make sure it's set to either 'recordings only' or 'streaming & recordings'. You can also check that the options are for the correct CBS affiliate.

6. Csblake111

Csblake111 New Member

Oct 18, 2015
    Thanks everyone. My option was set at recording and streaming. I re-set it for recording only. And maybe tonight I'll try and do a one-time-only recording from the tv guide. :)

7. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Did it record?

8. brenth77

brenth77 New Member

Sep 17, 2015
    New to Roamio and still learning myself, but you might check the "Upcoming" list for that specific OnePass to see if it your Tivo doesn't realize that there are upcoming episodes or if it is just choosing not to record them for some reason. If there are no upcoming episodes listed, it would probably mean that your guide doesn't contain any upcoming listings of that show (maybe not fully downloaded?). If it shows upcoming episodes but they're not being recorded (no check marks), it would probably mean your OnePass settings need tweaked.

The Upcoming and ToDo were both helpful for me when I was first setting up my Roamio and trying to get a handle on what would and wouldn't be recorded and why.

9. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I'll have to give the History folder some credit. I pulled the plug for a week while I was away. I had only one 1P for this Premiere and I added it to my Roamio with a bigger UPS. Today I noticed that the History for that week indicated it couldn't record my 1P since there was no power. Even without power it can tell me why a recording failed. Amazing.

10. snerd

snerd Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2008
    I've noticed some weirdness with OnePass on my Roamio. After switching from "recording and streaming" to "recording only" it still didn't update the ToDo list properly. I had to delete the OnePass and create a new one to get it to work correctly.

TiVo has some weird bugs in their current implementation of OnePass.

11. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That's an understatement.

12. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    One Pass; an answer to a question nobody asked...?