Can I migrate an R10 drive to Hughes SD40

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by needhamm, Aug 21, 2007.

1. needhamm

needhamm New Member

Aug 21, 2007

Advertisements

Ok, I've looked around the forum, but I have been unable to find anything dealing exactly for what I'm trying to do. I apologize if the answer is already posted. I recently bought an InstantCake and zippered my SD40.
    (Backstory that is not necessary to read - "We've had an R10 in the bedroom for almost a year now with almost 80 hours worth of shows on it. Well most of it was crap (stuff my wife watches), unplugged the R10 and installed the SD40 with a new 360 gig drive. Well it turns out that she can't live without her forensic files and law and orders that were on the R10.)
    Here's the question can I run mfsbackup to make a full copy (including the shows) of the R10 drive to a new drive, then run zipper with the instantcake image for the SD40, to change the software image to be compatible with the SD40 and still keep the saved TV shows that were on the drive? I don't care about the shows that are on the SD40, I'm just trying to migrate the shows from the R10 to the SD40 since the R10 can't be zippered without a PROM hack, which I'm not about to attempt.

Thank you in advance for your help in saving my marriage.

2. needhamm

needhamm New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Ohh and yes I know that the full backup will probably take 18-30 hours.

3. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    nope any imaging will wipe the shows

4. needhamm

needhamm New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Thank you Gunnyman, I figured I would throw that out there and hope I would hear the answer my wife wants to hear. Guess I'll be leaving the R10 in the bedroom with the a/c plug dangling for when she wants to watch an older show.