Can I leave TIVO HD Alone When Sold?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by MPSAN, May 17, 2019.

1. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Hello ALL:

I have a Series 3 THD R652160 that I had done an upgrade on (157 Hours) with LIFETIME Service.
    Here is my question...
    I am trying to sell it. It looks new and I even have the original Box, accessories, and manual. Since it still has many movies I did not get a chance to watch, it will come up even without internet and cable cards and let me see the movies. So would there be any issue when I sell it if I left it alone for the new buyer? I mean is there any "private" information on it that would matter?

Thank You

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Prior to selling, Tell Tivo CS you plan to sell it, get case number to pass on to buyer.

Better to CD&E it before shipping. Leave it at the Guided Setup.

3. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    OK, Yes, I know about telling Tivo I sold it. I just thought that it would be good if the next owner was able to use the movies I still have on it.

4. unclehonkey

unclehonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Mankato, MN
    doesnt hurt. When I picked up a couple Premiere's from goodwill (that had lifetime on them) even after I transferred them to my account the programs were still on there (nothing I liked).

Grabbed a Bolt that ended up having some cool stuff from NFL Network on it. No service on it but I could still watch the programs

5. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Great...yes I can see that the THD complains I do not have CableCards and no internet connection but then lets me see the movies on it.