Can I just "add" a S3 TiVo HD onto my lifetime S2 for $6.95/month?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by JuryDuty, Jul 31, 2007.

1. JuryDuty

JuryDuty Tivoholic

Jan 10, 2003
    Fort Worth, TX

Advertisements

I have a lifetime S2 and a second TiVo for which I'm paying $6.95/month.

With this new Circuit City deal, I'm wondering, can I just replace my second TiVo with the HD TiVo and continue paying $6.95/month?

If that is possible, what would be the disadvantages to this (other than the fact that one of my TiVos is analog??

2. Grakthis

Grakthis New Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Yes. It's easy. I have an S2 lifetime and an S3 that I pay the MSD on.

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    You should be able to login to tivo.com and change the TSN of your 2nd TiVo to the new one your purchase.

4. jgriffithslaw

jgriffithslaw New Member

Dec 7, 2004
    San Diego
    I have a similar question.

I have a lifetime Series 2 and a second Series 2 for which I pay $6.95 per month (MSD).

Can I ADD the new Tivo HD to my existing two Series 2's and pay an additional $6.95 per month for the MSD on the TiVo HD, or do I have to swap one of my current Series 2's for the new HD?

My goal is to have all 3 TiVos active; one lifetime, and the other two at $6.95/month each.

Possible?

5. JuryDuty

JuryDuty Tivoholic

Jan 10, 2003
    Fort Worth, TX

Advertisements

Oh geez, I can't believe it's that easy! What have I been waiting for?!? :p

6. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Yes. Log on at tivo.com, go to your account and add the TSN of the HD there.

7. jgriffithslaw

jgriffithslaw New Member

Dec 7, 2004
    San Diego
    Thanks for the quick response!

8. bp888

bp888 New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    I too have an S3 with lifetime sub transferred from a now defunct S1 and an S2 at $6.95/month. I have been wanting to get the TiVo HD to replace my S2 but will prolly wait until TiVo To Go is activated on the S3/HD.

9. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Sunny SoCal
    I recently spoke with a CS @ Tivo about this issue. I wanted to cancel a S2 msd. she suggested I transfer the msd to another tivo otherwise I'd lose the msd.

I post this to clarify that a person needs to transfer an existing $6.95 tivo service to a new unit. There's probably finer points I don't understand but that was the gist of the conversation with the CSR.

10. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    In what context was this? It contradicts what TiVo allows you to do on the website.

11. jgriffithslaw

jgriffithslaw New Member

Dec 7, 2004
    San Diego
    Now I am slightly confused. I do NOT want to transfer my current MSD from my series 2 to a new TiVo HD. I want to ADD a new TiVo HD to my existing two Series 2's and get essentially a SECOND MSD for the TiVo HD.

Again, is this possible? Is there a limit to how many MSD's one can have on their account? Do I have to specifically transfer an MSD from an existing TiVo to a new one, thereby rendering the old one useless?

I appreciate people's input here, and am not trying to be dense. Its just that alyssa's post stated that a person needs to transfer an existing MSD to a new unit, and if that's true, I'll probably wait on the TiVo HD.

12. DocNo

DocNo Member

Oct 10, 2001
    Bristow, VA
    Yup, that's exactly what I have...

EDIT: clarify my signature block, my Phillips is lifetime, one of the S2's is lifetime, the second S2 and the S3 are @ $6.95 each.

13. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Sunny SoCal
    Sorry for my earlier confusing post-I try to be clear then my brain gets in the way :rolleyes:

If a new tivo is added to an existing account at the current rate of $16.95/month and a msd is applied the total cost is $10.95 unless one of two things occur
    a)service is transfered from another tivo or
    b) the subscriber agrees to a 3 year contract at which point the monthly rate drops to $12.95 minus $6=$6.95.

https://www3.tivo.com/abouttivo/policies/tivomultiservicediscountagreement.html