Can I disable a tuner

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by pacsailor, Nov 27, 2020.

1. pacsailor

pacsailor New Member

Jan 27, 2016

Advertisements

I have TV connected to Onkyo audio device, then to TiVo Roamio OTA which is connected to my ClearStream antenna via a preamp and a 4 way splitter, for the past 3 years, and I am very happy with it up to a point. I have another TV getting its signal from the splitter. Sometimes on the TV connected to TiVo one of the VHF channels become weak and the reception becomes very bad, but the TV that is connected to the splitter has a better signal. So I am not sure where the signal attenuation is happening. I thought maybe the 4 tuners in TiVo might be causing the problem, but I have no way to disable any of these tuners. So any help would be appreciated.

2. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Unplug the TiVo?

3. Triride44

Triride44 Member

Jan 11, 2020
    VHF is very sensitive to electrical interference from led light, microwave oven and some radar. Also 4G LTE cell phone signals. Might try a LTE filter. TV Antenna LTE Filter | Channel Master

4. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    FWIW, on the circuit board, tuners are typically enclosed in a metal box that completely blocks any stray signals (Faraday cage).

Speaking of filters, you may also want to consider an FM trap as well.

Each split of your signal cuts its power by 50%. So the fewer splits you have, the better. If you don't need all 4 ports, get a splitter with fewer ones.