Can I directly access an R10 HD ?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by cycokat, May 27, 2007.

1. cycokat

cycokat New Member

May 27, 2007

Advertisements

Hi all,

I'm brand new to these forums and they seem to have a wealth of information. However I can't seem to find info on what I need help with. Probably because of my inept searching skills though. :)

I have an R10 no longer being used, but want to get some of the content that is on the HD. I probably know just enough to be dangerous. So it is with that thought in mind I'll tell you I took the HD out of the R10 and put it in a PC. The PC can see it is there, but can't access it. I'm guessing it is a different file system?? Is there something I can do to retrieve my saved shows from the R10 disk?

Thanks in advance.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    The underground forum is where this info can be found. However, the R10 is not as hackable, which is what would have to have been done before doing what you want.

Your best bet is to just watch or record to DVD whatever shows you want to keep.

3. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Unless the unit was previously hacked, there is no easy way to retrieve your shows. To add more bad news, by putting the drive in your computer, you very likely rendered it unbootable by the TiVo-- Windows XP adds a signature to any drive that hoses the drive for TiVo use. There are tools to fix it, but I don't know a lot about them; you can find out more in the Underground.

4. cycokat

cycokat New Member

May 27, 2007
    Thanks for the replys, guys. I kind of had a "I shouldn't be doing this" feeling when I was putting it in the PC. Oh well. I'll try the underground forum and see what I can find out.

Cheers.