Can I copy shows to my computer?

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by hummingbirdbleu, Aug 16, 2007.

1. hummingbirdbleu

hummingbirdbleu New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    OK so now I know that I can't record tv shows that I transfer to another registered TiVo with an actual burner in it, but can I save them to a computer or hook up a peripheral DVD burner or something? I just want to be able to save documentaries that I record and watch them at a later time when the kids are around. It seems to me that it shouldn't be a big deal considering that there are models out there with the burner built in... so I am just trying to find a reasonable way to save my programs besides replacing my new Toshiba with a burner unit. Anyway, thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

2. lafos

lafos Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You didn't specify your model, but since you said it was Toshiba and implied it lacks a burner, I'll assume it's an SD-H400. If you have TiVo plus service, then check out the TivoToGo forum. If you only have TiVo basic, then the answer is no.

3. hummingbirdbleu

hummingbirdbleu New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I have the Samsung SD-H400 and it has the Lifetime Plus service. I tried to download this application you mentioned and it only seems to want to send my stuff TO the tv and not the other way around. Am I doing something wrong? I have a mac, so I downloaded the TiVo ToGo for mac. Will it let me copy the shows to my computer so that I can record them on to DVD?

Thank you for any help you can offer... I am really stuck.

4. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    For the Mac you need Roxio Toast 8 or Roxio Popcorn 3 - they have TiVoToGo built in. TiVo Desktop for the Mac does NOT do TTG, only TiVo Desktop for Windows.