Can I Buy A Directivo from Directv anymore??

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by coleren17, Sep 11, 2007.

1. coleren17

coleren17 New Member

Sep 11, 2007

Advertisements

My parents signed up for Directv because I recommended it and they received a complicated, unusuable Directv DVR instead of A Directivo series 2 like I have and love. I tried to learn to work theirs but it is too complicated for my 37 year old mind so imagine what it's like for their 70+ minds. Does anyone know if I could purchase a Directivo series 2 either through Directv or elsewhere and get it activated at my parents' house and just set aside the complicated DVR that Directv sent them? I asked Directv through email and they misunderstood me that I had the complicated Directv DVR and wanted one like one I used to have or something. Or pretended to misunderstand! :rolleyes: Any one know if I can do this?

2. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    Ebay is the only viable option.

3. Mavrick22

Mavrick22 New Member

Feb 7, 2006
  4. Jason C

Jason C New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    and i have one in the box behind me. you'd love it! the hughes hr250-10 does it all. i listed mine earlier and went back and couldn't find it. just search directv tivo dvr. the new high def channels coming out work on the five LNB dish. hr250-10 works with the 1 to 3 LNB dish. dtv told me today that the one i have will continue to function the same, but won't be capable of receiving the pending high def rollout of new channels. be sure the one you buy is paid for. there are rented ones on line. get the dvr service number from seller and confirm it is lien free with DTV

5. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY

Advertisements

BTW, that's an HR10-250. :)

6. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    :eek: An HR250-10 .... wow now thats a huge step from the HR10-250 or even the HR20.

I must gone gone to sleep last night, and woken up about 100 Years later! :D

7. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    After lighting stor took out my Dtivo's, I call customer support...

I had a DTV CSR tell me she could send me a standard DirecTivo DVR so I pushed and asked if that was the case, could she set me up with HR10-250 for which he flately said no. When I pushed for the tivo, I found that it wold be a R10 and nicely said no. Oh there was a $200 fee involved with getting a "refurbished" R10

I ended up getting a dead philps dtivo off eBay for $25 and took the power supply out of it and put in my subscribed unit and all was back up and good.

Personally I stand to believe if the truth be known, DTV does have HR10-250's that they COULD send out but that would short circuit their in house Non-Tivo HD DVR so the rule is no, they won't ship them, they make such a high price for the R10 that no sane person knowing the eBay alternative would make such a choice.

8. Scott40

Scott40 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    I cannot personally believe the rep you talked to knew what he was talking about. They may charge $200 for a refurbished Dtivo, but that for a used R10, come on. This is just another one of those cases in which Directv CSR's do not know what they are talking about.