Can I access my to do or season pass via computer?

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by Goobergirl, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Goobergirl

Goobergirl New Member

Sep 12, 2007

Advertisements

I've discovered the joys of online scheduling: generally much faster than poking around via the box itself. (Although even that could be streamlined!)

But the problem, of course, is that I can't see what I already have scheduled!

Is there any means of even seeing my programming data via my computer? I saw it mentioned in a description about a Tivo Hacks book, but it also said that the book was about hacking Series 1. (It said something about accessing "programming Data" via command line interface...)

I don't really want to "hack" anything, I just want to SEE the data!

Thanks!

Goober the Newbie

(I have two Series 2, one of them a HUmax, and they are wirelessly networked with my Macintosh computer.)

2. nonamesleft

nonamesleft New Member

Jul 8, 2004
    The normal way that you SEE the data is to enable the seeing with the hack. You want this feature, but you don't seem willing to exert much effort to gain it. "Hack" simply means that the feature you want was not designed into the Tivo at the factory. But thanks to the work of many others, you can install the necessary software (the hack) yourself to gain the feature. While you haven't give much information to go on, something like TivoWebPlus should do what you want.

The amount of work you need to do is very modest, as two forum members have almost automated the process for you. But you'd still do well to do some reading and understand what you doing. Start here - Zipper thread

3. Goobergirl

Goobergirl New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Well, after posting this I've continued to read and research my butt off.

Where I am now (and maybe I'm ahead of myself, but I'm trying hard to understand) is that I've downloaded TivoWebplus and now I am trying to figure out how to access my Tivo via Telnet to install the dang thing. I have been searching the web and Mac help for how to telnet, but I'm not finding straightforward answers. (I avoid Terminal and therefore I'm not familiar with basic stuff. But I'm a quick learner and I'm trying, I'mjust not succeeding so far.)

Is there some kind of "For dummies" step by step, starting from the Mac OS GUI to get me to the point where I can follow the installation instructions for Tivoweb?

Thanks for the help, anyone who offers it, and I shall continue to read and fumble in the meanwhile...

4. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    I don't know about from a Mac GUI, but you do need to at least remove the drive from the TiVo and attach it to a computer to begin with the low level hacks you need to do perform before you can apply high level hacks. And you will have to perform a hardware PROM mod, if the TSN begins with 5 or 6.

5. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO

Advertisements

Go to the Ziper thread nonamesleft gave you. There is where you want to start.