Can Anyone Explain to Me How the Hydra Video Resolution Settings Work?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by alleybj, Jan 3, 2018.

1. alleybj

alleybj Member

Dec 6, 2000
    atlanta, ga usa

Advertisements

I’ve checked all of the individual settings, in the hope that each channel would display in its native resolution, but my bolt is definitely not doing that. I can restart it, and it will display whatever channel I first display with the correct resolution, but then it will display every channel with that resolution, regardless if I change to a channel with a different resolution, such as NBC which is 1080i, as opposed to the 720 P that most of the bolt channels are. As another example, if I play Netflix in 4K, then all channels viewed will be upscaled to 4K, even though I have the options checked for them to display in their native 720P. Thank you

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Sounds like a bug

3. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I have an older Panny Plasma and I can only get correct resolution if I only select 1080i (Tivo overscans if I check 720p)

4. Mikey_C

Mikey_C Member

Jun 24, 2003
    I'd tell...

They don't.

BBHughes and JoeKustra like this.
  5. BBHughes

BBHughes Member

Dec 26, 2006

Advertisements

Yep they are completely broken and 1080i content is messed up when you have the 1080/24p option selected. Ted says a fix is coming in PM's. I'm patiently waiting.