Can a Mini running Hydra connect to a Roamio running regular Tivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by CrashHD, Jan 25, 2020 at 8:06 AM.

1. CrashHD

CrashHD I am the me.

Nov 10, 2006
    MO, USA
    The question is in the subject, but here it goes again. Can a Mini running Hydra connect to a Roamio running regular Tivo?
    A while back I bought a used Roamio that had Hydra. I tried to use it for a brief period of time, but was, in short, horrified. I rolled it back, and everything was great.

I would like to try to get used to it, but I don't want to put recordings at risk. Can I try it on my mini, and get to experience (most of) it, without putting my recordings at risk?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The software running on a Mini must match its host. But if there is a TiVo running different software you can access and watch its programs.

You got just one TiVo then the answer is a simple no.

3. CrashHD

CrashHD I am the me.

Nov 10, 2006
    MO, USA
    I have two roamios, a bolt, and a mini. So then I could allow one of them, say for example the bolt, to update, and also the mini. The mini could then be hosted on the bolt, but still stream from the roamios?

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Yes, but a Mini will update on its own when you assign it to the TE4 TiVo. As a side effect, the TE3 Roamio units will show a TE4 unit grayed out if it loses power. Even the Mini.

Auto-SM only works on programs physically on the TE4 box.