camcorder and humax

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by TeeVee, Aug 14, 2007.

1. TeeVee

TeeVee New Member

Dec 30, 2004

Advertisements

searched but couldn't find answer to this one....
    What happens if I hook up a camcorder to the imput of a humax Tivo? Will it record the video from the camcorder so I can burn it to dvd? Also wil I need a subscription to do this or will it work without paying the monthly fee?

2. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    The DRT-800 is the only Humax I am familiar with so I will answer for it, but not any other units.
    The camcorder can connect via S-Video and L-R audio and record, or it can connect via 1394 and record. When recorded using 1394 the DVD burner in the TiVo will not burn it. I suspect the camcorder video format isn't one the DVD burner software can handle. I haven't tried with the video input, but I think it should be able to burn that.

You will need to subscribe it.

3. TeeVee

TeeVee New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Okay, that's a great start CuriousMark. Can anyone confirm the s-video will work? A bud wants to buy one and only wants it to burn videos off his camcorder not to record tv. Just not sure what to tell him.

4. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Will work with both the DRT 400 and 800, the recording from the cameras can be put on a DVD, just watch what quality you use for your recording as that is what determines the hours that will fit on one DVD. You can use any of the 4 input setups or 5 input setups if you have the DRT800.

5. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.

Advertisements

Tell him to get the Toshiba RS-TX20 or other Toshiba DVD recorder TiCos from Toshiba or Pioneer, or a non-tivo DVD-recorder.

6. jmace57

jmace57 Large Member

Nov 30, 2002
    San Marcos, TX
    I have a DRT800 and can confirm this works as well.

Jim