Calling Tivo slider remote owners

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by lammcspicy, Oct 19, 2011.

1. lammcspicy

lammcspicy New Member

Mar 6, 2006
    So,

I have owned 4 or 5 units and got the premier. After days the numbers on the remote began to wear away. I called tivo today and they are sending me a free slider remote.

My question is, do the numbers wear on the slider remote ?

Tivos solution btw on my older remote is to use clear nail varnish . The retention guy found this bizarre and is send me a free slider :)

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Numbers wear away eventually on all remotes.

My slider, over a year old, is just fine.

3. lammcspicy

lammcspicy New Member

Mar 6, 2006
    looks like I am going with the nail varnish. For some reason every remote I have had with them they wear super fast. That includes the remote I have had 3 months .

4. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    If your hands are oily, like from potato chips perhaps, then this could wear the ink off the remote buttons prematurely. Also, if you tend to rub the remote buttons when not actually using the remote, this will also wear them off. Or it's possible you just had bad ink when they printed your remote buttons.

5. jjd_87

jjd_87 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    WV
    I could be wrong here but I have a slide remote at home and I'm pretty sure the buttons are different. Almost like the numbers are built into the button instead of painted on. They would have to be for the back light. I think... I'll check when I get home.

6. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    I just checked my slide remote. Looks like rubber buttons with white painted numbers. First time I've looked at it for awhile. My thumb just knows where all the buttons are.

7. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    You are wrong. While the buttons have more of a plastic feel, they still have the numbers/letters printed on them.

8. lammcspicy

lammcspicy New Member

Mar 6, 2006
    this is a great point. I am always eating chips :)