Called Directv

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Wilsid, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Wilsid

Wilsid New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Texas

Advertisements

Everybody needs to call and complain about the new DVR, that we want
    Tivo. I called and put in a complaint, the rep has tivo in her home, If we
    all complain to D it might help our cause. She made a note that I had
    called to complain, they are out of Tivo's.

2. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    I'm quite happy with my 2 DTivo units, and they are easily repaired when the hard drives fail. From the reviews of the R15 I've read, I can see why many who were used to the Tivo interface would be unhappy.

3. mrpope

mrpope Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2006
    yeah, i had an r15 for about 15 min. on an unrelated note, does anyone need a r15 without a hard drive? :)

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    OK. :rolleyes:

5. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Between...

Advertisements

Ain't gonna help.

6. kturcotte

kturcotte Active Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Portland, ME
    Probably the only thing that would make Directv switch back to the DirecTivos is if everybody turned off their R15s and HR20s and sent them back. I really don't see that happening.

7. Vroomfondel

Vroomfondel New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Oh yeah, the few hundred (more like 20-30) calls this site would generate would be enough to stop the development of the hardware/software already produced and cause D* to ditch the millions already spent and go cap in hand back to TiVo!

Great thought! :rolleyes:

8. deezel629

deezel629 Active Member

May 30, 2006
    New Jersey
    I have better things to do today than sit on hold for 20 minutes with D* customer service. Like pry my own eye out with an exacta knife.

9. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    How about email? Ah, but I can see from your avatar that original thinking ain't your forte!

;)

10. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I dumped DTV last friday and made a big point that it wasnt that I wanted them to be Tivo only. It was that I wanted CHOICE. I told them I was very disappointed when they took control of all the HW and dumped Sony, JVC, ...

She made a point that they wanted to simplfy the user experience. I amde the point that I wanted that to be my decision and that it prevented innovation.

I said I might come back in the future if things changed but for now I am gone.

11. john-duncan-yoyo

john-duncan-yoyo New Member

Oct 13, 2004
    NoVa near DC
    SNAIL Mail counts for more.

12. Sartori

Sartori New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Geez I don't what the big deal is. If you don't like the unit get an r10. Weaknees has a bunch of them and theres quite a few brand new units for sale on Ebay.

13. goony

goony New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    I had one of those survey people call about my satisfaction with DirecTV - I indicated that I was fairly satisfied with the (standard def) service and that I had 4 activated DTivo units on my account, and I told them plainly that the fact that I had Tivo-based units is what was keeping me as a DirecTV customer.

I told them that if I were a new customer today, or was moving to HD, or if I no longer had access to the Tivo-based DVRs that I would be well on my way to selecting Dish Network or the local cableco and that I felt their migrating away from Tivo-based DVRs was a mistake.