calculate tivo Harddisk Size

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by nirmelamoud, Sep 1, 2007.

1. nirmelamoud

nirmelamoud New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Does any one knows how I calculate my tivo harddisk size ?

I worte a widget (yahoo widget engine) that act as tivo desktop, you can see it in
    yahoo gallery widget=42485

The next version is with much more functunality, one of it related to the size of the tivo harddisk, I need a way to calculate it,or a page / place that my users can go and find that inofmation,
    can anyone helps?

thanks

2. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Open it up and read the info off the hard drive is the easiest way. While you are at it you can blow out the accumulated dust.

3. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    If you have TWP running, you can just hit the info link and all your drive info will be toward the bottom.

4. nirmelamoud

nirmelamoud New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    thanks, but thats not for me, it is for my users (tivo widgets) , I can not ask
    all of them to do that.

5. nirmelamoud

nirmelamoud New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    I do not, but it is not for me, it is or my users (tivo widget) ,I guess most
    of them do not have it.

nir,

6. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Two ways:

1: See in System Information how much recording time is available. The number of hours in Basic is about equal (a bit more actually) to the nominal HDD capacity.

2: Look on the model label on the back. The last 3 digits are the nominal capacity of the original HDD, if it is still stock. Mine is a TCD240080, which came with an 80GB drive.

7. nirmelamoud

nirmelamoud New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Thanks, I will post my next version of my widget now,

thanks man.