Cache & Program Guide?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by HoosierTivoDaddy, Jan 4, 2006.

1. HoosierTivoDaddy

HoosierTivoDaddy New Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Northern IN
    Why is my cache only about 1 week out?

Why is my Program Guide to Jan 17, but I can't find shows on the 15th or 16th?

Can someone explain how this works. I am trying to set up some new shows that should be in the guide, but TiVo can't seem to find them. i.e. "24", my info says that the guide goes out to Jan 17 but "Day 5" is only listed for the 15th and the cache is only about a week out?

Thanks!

2. NoCleverUsername

NoCleverUsername New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    California
    It's batch processing. Data is provided to Tribune Media Services (TMS) by the various stations, cable & satellite providers, etc. The data is processed and passed on to various clients, including TiVo. TMS can only provide whatever data that they have on hand. If the providers don't send the data to TMS in a timely fashion, there may be gaps in the data. TiVo also has to do some processing on their end, and ultimately, your box has to download and index the data that it receives.

So the data tends to come in spurts, not a steady stream.

In your specific example, at least one channel probably has something up to Jan 17, but not every channel.

3. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    TMS provides only one week of "good" data, or, as said, gets provided to them only week of good data.

4. HoosierTivoDaddy

HoosierTivoDaddy New Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Northern IN
    Thank you!