CableVision picture quality on new Premier

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by johnner1999, Apr 21, 2010.

1. johnner1999

johnner1999 Guest

Oct 26, 2002

Advertisements

Thinking of switching over to CableVision back to TiVo from DirecTV. Love the PQ with DirecTV... BUT the deal CV just offered me to save about $52 a month (TV/Internet/Phone) with 2 years fixed price. Yeah its only $50 a month but these days it seems like more LOL

Some of the Premeir issues started to scare me off - BUT I bet they are isolated?

any input is good and thanks :)

2. joy_division

joy_division Member

Nov 22, 2007
    First, why are you upset it is ONLY $50 per month. Who wouldn't want to save $600 per year?
    I have Cablevision on LI with the Premier and I do not see any picture quality issues. I have not really read up on issues other people are having other than it just completely ignoring all buttons from the remote when going to the Tivo menu sometimes. I switched to non-HD interface and it hasn't happened since.
    They'll fix it soon enough.

3. johnner1999

johnner1999 Guest

Oct 26, 2002

Not upset at all... On one forum someone stated DirecTV was worth the extra dough...

I think as long as the HD channels are of good quality I'd switch no questions asked...

4. baimo

baimo Member

Mar 2, 2006
    NJ
    I moved from directv to cablevision and think the picture quality is great. The cablevision box sa 8300hd was terrible. but the tivo premiere with cablecard fixed that right up. I am very pleased. I also have a mediasmart server and found out that I could store some of my recordings on it. Nice unexpected bonus.

5. johnner1999

johnner1999 Guest

Oct 26, 2002

Advertisements

thanks for the info... question - are most of the IO Family type channels (Nat Geo, TMC, G4, E1 etc etc) allow MRV transfer?

6. baimo

baimo Member

Mar 2, 2006
    NJ
    Sorry I am new to tivo. Is MRV = moving recorded shows to whs(mediasmart)

I have only had the box for a few weeks and have not had a chance to record thoise stations. Buit some shows are protected and dont allow you to move them. They are marked in red on the whs console and the transfer button is not available to them