Cablevision(Optimum) and PowerKey Cablecards

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tomdom25, Feb 12, 2021.

1. tomdom25

tomdom25 New Member

Aug 15, 2009

Advertisements

This morning I woke up, like I'm sure many of you have, to an email from Cablevision, 'Your CableCARD needs to be replaced". Here we go again.
    Over the last 6-8 months I have been fighting with Cablevision and the FCC over how the NDS cards in both of my Roamio Tivo's were having major problems with the upper channels, specifically HBO, Showtime and the other channels associated with these premium services. These problems consisted of major drop outs of the signals and frequently no signal at all.
    I spoke with many of the off-site 'managers' of Cablevision's 'help' managers. I wound up making many complaints to the FCC to no avail. After many months of frustration, I finally gave up with both the FCC and Cablevision, sending my last emails to both of them and specifically telling the FCC that they were virtually useless and that it seemed Cablevision was trying to eliminate Tivo and they seemed to be compliant.
    Low and behold, a few weeks after these emails both my cable cards miraculously started to work.
    Now I get the above email like everyone else.
    I'm starting to worry that after the new PowerKey cards are activated, which is a pain in it self, all the previous problems will start all over.
    So my questions are:
    Does anyone have these cards?
    Has anyone had any problems with them?

2. radtechy

radtechy Member

Aug 16, 2008
    I just got the email that new cards are coming in the mail to replace them. I know that activating the NDS cards in the past mostly b/c the techs didn’t know how to do it. Once they allowed you to do them over the phone it’s hot too bad. Why would the new brand be difficult?

3. brobin

brobin Active Member

Feb 14, 2014
    A bit off topic but you can buy the premium channels on Roku or a Firestick for typically less than you'd pay the cable provider and turning them off in months you won't use them is easy.