Cablecard Only Works On Some Channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Haselmaier, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Haselmaier

Haselmaier New Member

Feb 23, 2006
    Has anyone seen scenarios where the Cablecard works on some channels and not others? I'm not talking premium vs. non-premium channels. For example, I get 2-23, but 24-30 don't work, 31 does, 32 and above don't. Comcast says it's a defective card. So even though I'm renting it - it's $50 to send a tech. So it's back to the service center I go to exchange it.

It's interesting to compare the two companies. Comcast tells me initially I just need to trade in my cable box for a cablecard. After waiting in line 20 min the person there has the audacity to tell me "You're in luck! We have a cablecard in stock!". That wouldn't have gone over well - following their procedures and not having it in stock. But now I have to go back and try again.

On the other hand I used Tivo online chat to try and decommission my Series 2 and activate the Premiere. They tell me I have to call a CSR. When I do the agent STARTS the call with "Hello Mr. Haselmaier. I see you contacted us earlier and you want to decommission and activate a new box. I'll take care of that right away." Boom. Boom. Boom. Done. When I called I didn't even have to tell them what I wanted - they knew.