CableCard Nightmare in the Los Angeles Area

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by jrjeffrey, Dec 2, 2007.

1. jrjeffrey

jrjeffrey New Member

Oct 29, 2005
    West...

Advertisements

I am a TWC customer in West Hollywood & I have been dealing with this issue for a month now. I had 3 tech visits over the past month - the first visit, the tech had no cablecards, the next visit he installed 2 cablecards and they were bad, the 3rd visit, a new tech came and told me they would have new cablecards in 3 weeks (unfortunately he did not give me the courtesy of calling me and instead I lost some more hours at work so I could be home for the tech visit).

Yesterday I drove to the Santa Monica TWC office because all my inqueries to Customer Service were futile. I waited in line for 20 minutes & the TWC service person behind the window told me THEY WOULD NOT HAVE CABLECARDS UNTIL AT LEAST JANUARY 2008!

Not only could they not give me an actual date, but she also told me I would have to come back into the office to keep checking to see if the warehouse had new CableCards. She told me if I called customer service they would just send a tech out because they are unaware of the lack of Cablecard inventory.

I have been polite with everyone I've dealt with, but I am honestly at the end of my rope. I am about to return my TiVo HD and just give up. No one at TWC seems to care about helping me. And the way the TWC service person at the office explained it, it sounds like TWC is actually holding out on installing any Cablecards because they have had so many problems.

I wish I knew what to do next. Waiting until January 2008, will negate my ability to return my TiVo since I'm nearing my 30-day return date.

Is anyone else experiencing this ridiculous drama in LA? Has anyone found out more information? Any help or advice is appreciated.

2. Combat Medic

Combat Medic No guts, no glory

Sep 6, 2001
    San...
    Tell them to take a cable card out of one of their cable boxes. They are the same exact thing as what they would have a tech install for you.

3. briankasper

briankasper New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Los...
    I'm not sure what to tell you -- it sounds like TWC is giving you the runaround. You might try calling Tivo, Inc. to have them help you talk to TWC (if I remember correctly, there was at one time a phone number or web page for reporting issues with cable companies being reluctant to supply CableCARDs, but the URL I have is no longer valid).

This is a long shot, but you could keep asking to speak to a manager at TWC until you get a higher-up and then bring up the FCC mandate that they supply CableCARDs.

Unfortunately, neither of these options is ideal. Sorry ....

-B

4. rmstone

rmstone New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    I had a terrible time with TWC in the SFV as well. 3 visits, 3 half days at work, three appointments over 21 days. Bad cable cards, and techs that didn't know what they were doing.

Before the last appt I asked specically for any tech that had cable card install experience.

Ugh.