1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cablecard issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by cpm0813, Oct 12, 2018.

1. cpm0813

cpm0813 New Member

Dec 3, 2016
    I have a Premiere and a Bolt, both with Lifetime Service. I have swapped a single Cablecard between them in the past. I currently had the Cablecard in the Premiere, put it into the Bolt, called my cable provider to bind the Cablecard to the Bolt, and they said they were having errors. I put it back into the Premiere, and they said they were successfully able to bind it to the Premiere, but I keep getting the message to call my cable provider. Any ideas?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    What's the message number?

3. cpm0813

cpm0813 New Member

Dec 3, 2016
    It says Cisco CableCARD, then a phone number to call to start service for the device, along with the CableCARD ID and the Host ID.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I've never seen that message, so it may be the Bolt or Premiere. My pairing screen looks like this:
    ccPair.JPG

Unless someone corrects me, pairing a cable card is a one-way operation. Every time I get one paired, my cable company calls me to see if it worked. They can't tell. But I have a Motorola M-Card, so Cisco/SA must be special. I only have Roamio units and a Premiere without a cable card. Sorry I couldn't help more.

5. cpm0813

cpm0813 New Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Usually it binds fine, might take two or three tries. Today, neither TiVo will now bind, so my cable provider claims it is the TiVos causing the issue.

6. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    When moving a cable card from one active unit to another, the card first has to be unpaired then paired to the new device. I just went through this with no problem- taking card out of dead Bolt, putting it into replacement.

May I ask why in the hell are you swapping them in the first place?

7. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You might try telling them to clear the existing Host/Data IDs (start over as if new) and give them the new IDs from the Bolt.