CableCard Guide Data not populating

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ScottE22, May 2, 2014.

1. ScottE22

ScottE22 How YOU doin'?

Sep 19, 2003
    Fort...

Advertisements

tl;dr - Some of my guide data hasn't populated since setting up CableCards. It's been 18 hours. Is this typical?

As mentioned here, I am transitioning my TiVos from OTA to CableCards. As luck would have it, when Comcast came to hook me up, the tech "forgot" the CableCards and I was stuck with a couple of X1 boxes if I wanted to have TV before the next time they could roll by (many days later).

So I was thinking if the X1 boxes were decent, maybe I'd just stick with them and reinstall my TiVos when we move into our new home in August... Well, the X1 is OK in a lot of ways, but it frequently hangs, becomes non-responsive, or just seems to "forget" about shows I (think I) have asked it to record. In short: it's not a TiVo.

I stopped by our local Comcast office (which isn't so local since we've moved) and picked up two cards yesterday. I installed them in my TiVos and did the pairing/activation call with Comcast. After Guided Setup, I still had to go through and manually add my premium channels to my line up.

As of 10:00am I still have no guide data for most of my premium channels (HGTV, TLC, Discovery, etc). I've forced a connection to TiVo several times, but still nothing after about 18 hours.

Is this typical and it will eventually fill in, or is there something I'm missing?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Yes, it can take a few days, per the warnings you get during guided setup. But, you can speed it up by having the box connect a few times to the service.

You may want to check your pairing as well, just to make sure. Also ensure they are fully seated. Which tivo model?

3. ScottE22

ScottE22 How YOU doin'?

Sep 19, 2003
    Fort...
    Thanks! I saw the warnings but it's never taken that long so I wanted to make sure.

Both are Premieres with Lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ScottE22

ScottE22 How YOU doin'?

Sep 19, 2003
    Fort...
    Ugh... And of course after returning my X1 boxes and making sure to ask the CSR at the office to please make sure NOT to also delete the CableCards on my account, I return home to two TiVos that can't access HBO. Other premiums still seem to be working, but I'm back on hold with 877-405-2298.

I know this will totally be worth it once it's finished, but it just seems like in 2014 this should be a much simpler process.

5. ScottE22

ScottE22 How YOU doin'?

Sep 19, 2003
    Fort...

Advertisements

UPDATE: I am receiving all my channels, but many of my HD channels still show "To Be Announced" in the guide data. What's particularly vexing and makes me think I've messed something up is that the SD counterparts for the channels have data. For example, Animal Planet channel 48 in SD has fully populated guide data. Animal Planet 748 in HD has none.

Do you still think it's a "wait and see" issue that will resolve itself?

Thanks in advance!

6. ScottE22

ScottE22 How YOU doin'?

Sep 19, 2003
    Fort...
    Holy cow... After hours of searching and wondering, I found a three-year-old thread that solved it in 15 minutes...

Here you go!

If you land on this thread because of this issue, do the following:

Go into your channel list and hit "Enter" indicating that you have the incorrect channel lineup. TiVo will run through Guided Setup. This time, when it starts asking you the "what's on channel x" questions, just keep saying you want another question. Eventually it gets tired of asking and basically just asks you to select which cable package you have. It's not perfect because the names of the packages are not the same as Xfinity's names, but you can scroll down the list and get close.

TiVo downloaded new data, rebooted itself, and when it came back I had all the guide data for all the hd channels. Of course, since the packages are not exact, I now have guide data for channels I don't have, but that's an easier problem to deal with.

Hopefully this thread will help someone else in another three years!