cablecard firmware upgrade

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by bobrt6676, Apr 23, 2013.

1. bobrt6676

bobrt6676 Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Huber...

Advertisements

I turned the TV on this morning to the black and white service screen saying there was a cablecard error. So I unplugged the Tivo and when it rebooted it started a firmware upgrade DL. 15min later it flashed the firmware and all was good again. Scary!:D Could not find the FW number to post. Will check when I get home from work.

2. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Problem or just observation?

Cable system?

3. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    twc?

4. AJ500

AJ500 Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Cincinnati
    Similar experience here with TWC. I was watching recorded show when was suddenly shown the Cablecard Firmware Upgrade screen that would alternate every few seconds with a TiVo screen. The status % never made it to 100%. I later got a Cablecard Firmware Upgrade failed message.

I power cycled the TiVo (XL4) and got the same updating screen. This time it finished downloading and successfully flashed the cablecard and I was able to resume playback.

[Edit] I also had to power cycle the Tuning Adapter in order get all my channels again.

5. T-Shee

T-Shee Member

Sep 22, 2006

Advertisements

Cable card firmware update late last night on my Premiere XL4 as well
    (TimeWarnerCable in NYC).

Cable card screen popped an ERROR: file not found.

Hitting CLEAR, it would pop the same ERROR screen within seconds, rendering the unit UNUSABLE, UNWATCHABLE. I thought the CC or the whole TIVO was hosed, but I just let it do its thing and left the room.

Twenty minutes later and the Tivo was back to normal, though I did notice that the CABLE CARD MENU's "Test Channels" was reporting "NO CHANNELS AVAILABLE", but there were all there despite what it reported.

6. bobrt6676

bobrt6676 Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Huber...

Busy day yesterday did not get on laptop to check replies. Mine did exactly as you described( sorry TWC also). But I had problems with channels tuning for awhile, but all is well today.