Cablecard Firmware update & Error 126

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by HiKent, Sep 20, 2011.

1. HiKent

HiKent New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Hi,

I just moved & am having trouble with my new cablecards from TWC. I have an original Series 3 & got two cablecards -- one S-card & one M-card. The S-Card paired fine, but the M-Card gave me "firmware update" (for two hours). TWC self-install cablecard hotline told me to remove the S-Card from slot one, and move the still-updating M-Card there, and reboot.

After reboot, get updating message for 15 minutes, then a switch to "Error 126" (unable to load data). I tested networking (direct ethernet cable to router) & network connection is fine.

I am running 10.0k-01-2-648

What should I do now? (FWIW, this is my third cablecard this install. First hung in firmware update. Second paired OK, but no EMMs because card was not registered properly at headend. Now this Error 126.)

Thanks.

Kent

2. vectorcatch

vectorcatch New Member

Nov 20, 2008
    First: Last time I had a CableCard do a successful firmware update it took more than 2 hours (I left and came back, so I 'm not sure about exact time).

Second: When I was first getting CableCards the tech yanked the card during an update and it bricked the card. I got an error number (don't remember which one) and that card never worked again.

3. HiKent

HiKent New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Vector,

You're probably right about the bricked card. TWC self-install tech told me to ignore the warning & swap the card. Got nothing but 126 errors after that. Went to a different TWC office, got a new card (manf date was 2 months ago), and it worked w/o firmware upgrade. Paired no problem.

Thanks for the help.

Kent