Cable+Satellite Remote Issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dseanhillman, Oct 15, 2007.

1. dseanhillman

dseanhillman New Member

Feb 24, 2005

Advertisements

I am in a potentially strange situation. The apartment complex I currently reside at uses a satellite tower for its residents and internally establishes the grade level of channels to which one receives. At the same time, they locally send the "local" channels through in their own assigned numeric format using the same signal.

The only way I was able to have my TiVo recognize the stations was to approach with "Cable+Satellite". So, solved the channel lineup problem, however both the cable signal & the satellite signal come in through the satellite box. Being the TiVo GUI sets up the satellite first, I am able to have the TiVo box communicate with the Satellite box and the corresponding channels.

HOWEVER, I cannot seem to set up a communication between the TiVo and the same cable / satellite box so that I can record & program the cable channels.

Does ANYONE please have any suggestions on how to resolve this??? I cannot record any of the basic / local channels unless I am there to change the channel on the satellite box physically & that kind of defeats the purpose... Not to mention that I am often not home when the shows are on.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated,

D