cable card

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by gary712, Aug 22, 2020.

1. gary712

gary712 Member

Apr 3, 2010

Advertisements

i just got my m-card from xfinity and tivo bolt wont boot with card inserted if i remove card it boots and when i insert card it goes to a start up loop is there a tivo phone number to call anymore?

2. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I would try getting another card from xfinity first

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Is this Bolt new to you and can you confirm it has the right power supply (output current rating)?

Scott

4. gary712

gary712 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Just moved from ny to Florida.i put in order for internet and cable card no boxes. Tech arrives with modem and box. I said I ordered an m-card for TiVo no boxes. He calls his boss they say come back for card. He comes back with card and cant get it working. He left and said it will pair by itself. Now I get a call from Comcast saying they no longer support m-cards. Only old systems which are grandfathered in. So they bring a box but I’m not happy I can’t use TiVo. Anybody in s Florida using TiVo if so who with. Tia Gary

5. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017

Advertisements

IIRC, cable cards are still required to be provided, FCC Regulation.
    I’ve read posts here in the past that when they were told, as you have, that they no longer provide cable cards, that an FCC complaint resolved the issue. Not sure if this is still the case, but do a search on this forum.

6. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Seattle
    Only internet service or TV too?

Cablecard will not work without subscribing to TV service.

7. gary712

gary712 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Right now I have internet and a box from xfinity. I want my TiVo to work with their service but they say it will not

8. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Seattle
    Try posting in Comcast Direct but you can not post there unless you create an account on the forum.

9. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Submit a request – FCC Complaints
    I wish this could be made a sticky as I personally have posted it dozens of times. By filing the complaint, you in most cases will get the bs response from cable companies, and get you a proper working cable card.