Cable card

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Damon Riche, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Damon Riche

Damon Riche New Member

Jul 18, 2020

Advertisements

Can a cable card be installed on roamoi OTA . it has external esata connection on the back and underneath there's a place something. The cable card is 34 pin connection.

2. Sian2

Sian2 New Member

Jul 18, 2020

3. Sian2

Sian2 New Member

Jul 18, 2020
    I used to have Comcast/xfinity and it worked. Only thing that I found now especially is that it’s best to have the cable card formatted or set up and emailed to you as opposed to picking it up at the cable company. That would be if they still use them where u are.

4. misterclick

misterclick New Member

Oct 24, 2012

Advertisements

Can you explain or elaborate as to why have it mailed as opposed to picking up?
    (long lines maybe?:p)

5. Sian2

Sian2 New Member

Jul 18, 2020
    I went to the store and picked up multiple cable cards and couldn’t get any of them to work. A complete waste of my time and I was talking to people who were familiar with them. When I initially went in the store they tried to get me to ok the mailing of one. They said that it would be assigned to my account when I got it and that it would work. They always had trouble otherwise. See what they say, I should have taken their advise. I ended up canceling my cable and now use an antenna.

misterclick likes this.